Custom Search

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Spicy curried rajma



Rajma has been something that I always loved. But over time I somehow lost the taste for it. Today as I rummaged through the kitchen thinking of something healthy to make, rajma flashed through my mind.

I was skeptical. I tried to wreck my brain trying to figure out "Why didn't like it anymore???" Maybe I had gotten bored of eating it cooked in the same fashion everytime.

Anyways, I decided to burn off my skeptism... So, here goes something that I tried in the kitchen. It is spicy, but you can modify the spice level as needed. The outcome was finger smackingly delicious. And to top it..it just took 15 minutes of cooking and preparation time!

Ingredients:

Rajma - 1 can
Onions- 1 medium sized
Cinnamon stick - 1/2"
Cloves-4
Bay leaves-2
Green Chilly - 1
Green chilly paste- 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste

Spray the pan with Canolo cooking spray. Add in cloves, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks and saute till they are fragrant. Then add minced onion, ginger garlic paste and green chili paste and saute on medium heat until softened. Add all the masalas and stir on medium heat for a minute. Add water, pureed tomatoes, and salt and stir to mix well. Add kidney beans and stir to coat. Let curry simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is thick and creamy. Serve with basmati rice and/or toasted garlic bread.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this has been the best rajma I have ever eaten in my life. Thank you for posting this. Simple and spicilacious!

    ReplyDelete